Saturday, May 23, 2009

Basics I Knew Our Children Had to Learn

By Billy Graham

1. Learn the difference between right and wrong. It takes more character to do right over wrong. Everyone needs to learn rules for living.
2. Honesty is rewarding. A good conscience is worth more than millions. Honesty is related to happiness.
3. Suffering is part of life. Hardships are a part of normal living. Complainers do not get very far in life.
4. Self-discipline is a good thing. Discipline is the road to success.
5. There is a God is heaven. The best way to teach is by example.
6. Finish what you start. Winners never quit and quitters never win.
7. Love is a necessary part of living. Got to learn to love God, family and others.
8. Sin displeases God. Disobedience hurts God, others and yourself.
9. Becoming a follower of Jesus is the goal of life. Jesus has a personal plan for everyone.
10. The presence and power of the Holy Spirit are necessary for living out God’s will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Papa G.

Jamie Willow said...

love this...I posted it on my blog too so I can go back to it often...as a new parent I appreciate this gem :)

(PS...your new grandbaby is a doll! I got to spend lots of time with all of the fam at burke's wedding and so enjoyed them! you have a wonderful family!)