Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hanging Out!

Hanging out with some staff at our house--eating, watching Amazing Race--Jamie Kemp, former Jr. High Youth Pastor @ Naperville, IL Calvary is here with us. Jamie & Tosha are itenerating for missionary ministry among youth and children in the great country of Indonesia.

I want to interview Jamie now and find out what life is like for a young couple trying to raise their funds to go into missions. Plus they are having a baby in February!

Let's see how this Q & A works:
1. Q: How long been on road now? A: Into 11th month.
2. Q: How much of your budget raised? A: About 75% got to get to 90% by Christmas so we can get out of here by April.
3. Q: About how many land miles have you driven? A: Over 35,000 miles and this morning we visited church #83!
4. Q: Got a baby named picked out yet? A: Keeping it a secret until the birth!
5. Q: Do pastors treat you pretty good? A: 99% of pastors treat us great. 1 or 2 have treated me like a begger.
6. Q: What are some things that have happened in these 11 months? A: Seeing how every church is so "different" (draw your own conclusions of that!). Most churches are seeker insensitive!
7. Q: Tell me a funny inteneration story (this is a set-up because I've heard it before)! A: In a service where a guy owned the front row & 'fell over' and cracked his head on the corner of a pew. It bled real bad & I went to help but I was rebuked & they said, 'When he's like this, let him be, so God can finish His work on in.' But I insisted they take him to the hospital--after a considerable amount of blood loss they finally agreed & he returned to the church after the service with four stitches! [You check Jamie's web site out at www.jamieandtasha.com

Well, let's end on that high note. I can hear my sons and daughters laughing right now. Enjoy the moment and remember I love you tons and want you to go farther than I ever have!

Papa G.

2 comments:

Matt Brown said...

I got to hang out and house Jamie while in town MN itinerating a few months ago thanks to Pastor Ricky! Great people, excited for all they'll do.

Papa Grogan said...

Bless you Matt!