Sunday, November 16, 2008

Church was fun this weekend!

I am a pastor and I still love church (at least most of the time)! We have five services now it was just flat out fun this last weekend!

One of my spiritual sons, Kevin Foster, was here, and I did a simple introduction to the message while he did a super message on "Staying Together." You can hear it on our website at www.stonecreekwired.com. We had 21 committments to the Lord. It is good to be reminded that church can be fun. Here's what I liked:

1. Good healthy attendance!
2. Worship was engergetic & awesome! I connected to God in wonderful times of praise of worship.
3. Listening to one of my spiritual sons minister with maturity and effectiveness brought me such incredible joy.
4. Being able to evaluate the whole meeting & message after the Saturday evening service with a great team is so healthy.
5. Good healthy offerings!
6. People were very responsive!
7. There was such a feeling of momentum toward spiritual growth and outreach!
8. Watching volunteers making healthy ministry decisions on the spot about who should serve where and what needed to be done! Oh, that is pure joy!
9. The content of the sermon was absolutely excellent!
10. We baptized a bunch of people after the last service, and the atmosphere was electric! Water baptism NEVER gets old--it is one of the most fun times of ministry as far as I'm concerned. Watching another one of my spiritual sons, Ricky Spindler, run the water baptism was pure joy too!

So let's keep living our dreams and having fun! If you know me, you know FUN is a big part of my life. I like to practice party theology! Jesus did this with Matthew after his conversion, so let's be like Jesus!

Papa G.

No comments: