Saturday, December 20, 2008

Papa G's Top Ten Life Verses!

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. (KJV)

John 15:16
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. (KJV)

Luke 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man. (KJV)

1 John 3:20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. (NKJV)

Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. (KJV)

Zechariah 4:10a For who has despised the day of small things? (NKJV)

Haggai 2:9 The glory of this latter temple shall be greater than the former,' says the Lord of hosts. 'And in this place I will give peace,' says the Lord of hosts." (NKJV)

Joel 2:25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you. (KJV)

Ezekiel 36:11 will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bear young; I will make you inhabited as in former times, and do better for you than at your beginnings. Then you shall know that I am the Lord. (NKJV)

Deuteronomy 8:2 Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands. (NIV)

{Below is #11--I’m like the Big Ten University System, they are called the Big Ten but have 11 colleges—go figure!}

Isaiah 41:8-13 But you, Israel, are My servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, The descendants of Abraham My friend. You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, And called from its farthest regions, And said to you, 'You are My servant, I have chosen you and have not cast you away: Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' "Behold, all those who were incensed against you Shall be ashamed and disgraced; They shall be as nothing, And those who strive with you shall perish. You shall seek them and not find them-- Those who contended with you. Those who war against you Shall be as nothing, As a nonexistent thing. For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, Saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.' (NKJV)

Philippians 3:10 That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, (NKJV)

Colossians 2:10a And you are complete in Him,… (NKJV)

1 John 3:20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. (NKJV)

Proverbs 24:3-4 Through wisdom a house is built, And by understanding it is established; By knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches. (NKJV)

And My #1 Favorite Bible Verse that is actually #16 (sorry, I have too many!) that keeps me going is:

Hebrews 10:36 For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise: (NKJV)

For my spiritual sons and daughters--may God give you specific words that keep you going! It has been a secret of longevity for me! Love you & believe in you, Papa G.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great! Colossians 2:10 is my favorite, but I love all of them. Love you PG!

chilly said...

Happy to find your blog! Thanks for sharing your life with "us" - love the verses! All gems!

Shea said...

You did know the Big Ten was actually the Big 11. Proof!